Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yesterday, I spent the whole class going down to the Groton Public Library.  I was hoping to find a book on what flavors and spices mix well together.  I was able to do so only because the librarian at the library was so helpful.  Also, I found a book on grilling.  This book tells all about when to flip diffrent types of meats (if at all), what temperatures to cook them on, rest times and more.  I think that both of these will be really helpful.  Out of class, I spent about 40 minutes shopping for ingredients for this weekends cooking endeavor.  This weekends meal will take a while to cook.  Its estimated cooking time is about one our twenty-five minutes.  Today, when I got home, I was feeling ambitious, and a little hungry, so I made one of the sides for the weekend, Bean Salad.  It was really good and only took about 25 mins to make it.  Tonight, I will finish my proposal sheet.  Hopefully it will only take me about a half an hour or so.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike, I am not sure if you are already doing this because you said your book will include a writeup of the dishes, but I was thinking it might be interesting if maybe you asked your family member or whoever eats your food to critique it. They can say what they liked and did not like about it and you can record their responses and include it in your book or just use them to improve for the next time. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete