Monday, April 30, 2012

Today I spent about half of the class time interviewing people on sides to go along with the pulled pork I plan to cook this weekend.  From the interviews I got the suggestions of coal slaw, corn on the cob, and baked beans.  I don't really know which one of these I want to do yet.  Tonight, when I got home I looked up some recipes for these for about a half an hour and tangled with the idea of having a summer salad for my appetizer.  A couple of people said that it would be nice to have in the cookbook.  However, I hesitate to do it because it almost seems too simple to have in a cook book.  Would it be better to have something else that has to be truly cooked and prepared rather than an assortment of ingredients that would be simply put in a bowl together with salad dressing on top of it?  Then again, I could try and make a dressing for the salad like a raspberry vinaigrette or    something along those lines.  I don't know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a summer salad. Although it is a simple recipe, some people never know what to put in a salad to get that perfect taste that they appreciate when going to reasturants. Also it is a great idea to think up some salad dressing options because so many people limit themselves to ranch or italian!

    ReplyDelete