My Semior Seminar final project was making a cook book with Ryan Zapolski. The final product is amazing and I cannot say how proud of it I am. The best parts of this project was both the fact that I was able to do the project and have somethng to remember my senior year with one of my best friends, Ryan Zapolski, and the fact that for pretty much the whole time I was able to do something I loved, cook. Every weekend I was able to experiment wit food. I have always enjoyed experimenting with food since I started cooking with my mom.
The most challenging and frustrationg part of this project was puting the actual cook book together. It was dificult to format each and evey page the same and still have all the recipes fit on one page. In a couple of occations Zapolski and I had to change the format a little because other wise the recipe would have taken two pages. However, writing the description for each of the meals became more fun with each one I wrote. At the beggining I tried to make them very structured. by the end, I was having fun in descricribing each meal. All in all I learned that it is a lot harder to make a good cook book than i thought it was.
I was surprised at how well Zapolki and I worked together. Normally, when Ryan and I work together, we end up arguing about some small detail that we both feel very strongly should be done a specific way. However, this time, we did not have any arguments. We both saw where this project should go and exactly how to do it the same way. Although, we did have some troubles. At the begging both of our orginizationa and time management skills lacked. We would write down ideas on scrap peaces of paper and just say we will get it done. By the end of the project, we had orginized files on our computers with everythoing in the corect format. Futher more, we set specific goals for when everything would be compleated.
I feel that I grew as a student because of this project. The project really gave me a veiw of what college will be because I will controll my schedual and have to motovate myself to work. In doing this project I really improved my orginization skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment